Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bye Daddy

We said good-bye to Daddy last week. He is safely in his new location.
Lily has asked about him a few times since then. A couple days after he left, Lily said "Bbbrroooom, Dada" remembering that he left on a big bus. When the national anthem plays in the evening, she talks about "Dada" a lot, because that would be the time he'd be home from work.

I moved our family portrait down to a table that was easy for Lily to see and get to. We wave to Daddy and blow him kisses at bed time. Sometimes Lily will blow him a kiss for no reason at all as she walks by his picture. The other day, she carried the frame around giving Daddy's picture real kisses. My heart swelled when I saw that.

Since Lily loves looking at pictures of herself on the computer, I made a special slideshow for her that is just pictures of her and Daddy. She LOVES it. Every time the picure changes, she squeals with delight and says, "Dada! Lee-lee! Dada!"

I'm so grateful for her companionship during this difficult time. And I'm so happy that she remembers her Daddy so fondly... and so often.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

My father went to Iraq a few summers ago and it was a really challenging time for my family. But I can't imagine having the father of such a young family gone. At least you have the comfort of knowing that you will never be without the support of your Savior.

Sheila said...

That first picture is sure a serious little face.

jakeniederer said...

Pheebs,
Our prayers are with you and Issac, and may God keep hime safe in his service. Thanks for keeping up the blog, it is nice to see how cute Lily.

Jake