Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ice Queen

Lily loves ice cubes. I don't know what it is about ice cubes, but she goes nuts for them.

Because our family consumes ice cubes at a ridiculous rate, we typically buy a bag of ice from the Shopette (military Kwiki-Mart) instead of making our own. Lily know where to find bags of ice at the store and loves to lead you there and show you. "I! I! I!" She pats her chest to sign "please."

At home, if I go into the freezer, Lily asks for one of two things. "Waffo" (waffle) or "I" (ice). (By the way, she also says "waffo" when the toaster pops, no matter what was being toasted.) When she gets an ice cube, she says, "Mmmmm!" and starts sucking on it. The cube eventually stops being interesting and Lily drops it wherever she happens to be. Consequently, the kitchen floor often has tiny puddles of freezing water lying in wait for Mommy's bare feet or socks.

No comments: