Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mommy's Night Out

Well, it wasn't so much "night" as "late afternoon."

I went to the movies with a couple girlfriends. It was awesome. We saw "Twilight." I've been reading the books. (I'm almost done with the second one, so PLEASE don't tell me what happens in the last two.) I disagree with the people who think the movie was too far removed from the book. Except for a few minor differences, it held pretty true to Stephenie Meyer's vision. After all, it took me a few days to get through the book, so when you condense it down to two hours... yeah. Some stuff is going to be left out or altered. Bottom line - I loved it. It comes out on DVD in a couple of months, and I will buy it and watch it again and again. (Gotta LOVE a love story.)

So where was Lily while I was having lots of fun? She was having fun, too. She played with her friends and was babysat by one of my gal pal's husbands. Lily must have had an awesome time, because she hesitated leaving. When I went to pick her up, she was eating dinner with the family, securely strapped in a high chair. Her face lit up when she saw me, and she immediately started chattering away to me. She held up her food and said, "Geegle-geegle-gee." (That means noodles.) Then she showed me the sippy cup she was borrowing and talked about that for a minute. Her 3-year-old buddy gave a more detailed story on the origins of that purple cup.

I love watching Lily play with other kids. And she obviously loves the company of other kids, no matter their age. My friend told me about a structured playgroup that she takes her youngest to. We might have to check it out. She needs more playmates besides me.

And a sibling. Or two. Hurry home, Dad.

Ok. this picture has nothing to do with my movie night. This is Lily wearing grown-up shoes for the first time. This is significant because up until now, Lily has always worn my shoes (or Daddy's) on her hands. But these shoes are not mine.. They belong to my friend Jerrica. (And, no, she's not dating a guy with purple hair named Rio and she doesn't have earrings that project holograms that make her a famous singer.)

1 comment:

Nancy Niederer said...

My life is like, Broooo-keeeeen glass!