Monday, February 9, 2009

Poor Sick Baby

Lily has her first cold. She woke up Sunday morning with the yuckiest wet cough. She wouldn't do anything but cuddle and act mopey. She usually has so much energy that I can't pin her down to change her diaper, so seeing her all lethargic was very disconcerting. She didn't touch her breakfast either. Her little face and hands and feet were hot, so I figured she probably had a little fever. She took a very long nap and went to bed early.

She was a little better today - not coughing as much, had energy to play, and ate better. But now her nose has gotten involved. My baby is the one with the nose crust and more stuff running out. Gross. But she's not too bad about having it wiped. She gladly gets her own tissue and rubs her nose on it. You can hear her blow, too. That's kind of cute.

I think she's enjoying being sick, though. I caved and let her watch a movie on Sunday and another one today. She also got a lollipop. We've been cuddling on the couch a lot with books and coloring with crayons. She's getting juice and eating chicken noodle soup - emphasis on the noodles, because that's her favorite part. I mix the broth with baby cereal and she likes that, too.

I'm sure she'll be on the mend soon enough. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't catch what she has. It would be pretty miserable for us to both feel yucky at the same time.

No comments: