Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lily and Some Money

Yesterday, Lily discovered a small basket full of change inside one of my dresser drawers. When I heard her clinking coins around, I told her to bring me what she had. She brought them to me smiling and saying, "Mmmmm! Manny(candy)!" So I told her, "No, sweetie. That's not candy. It's money." "Mummy?" "Yep. It's money." She put the coins in my hand one at a time, then went on to her next discovery.
Later that day, I opted for some privacy in the bathroom, which I don't get very often. Lily was devastated that I had closed the door to the bathroom with her on the outside. She cried and slapped on the door, but I said, "Sorry, honey. Mommy wants to be alone for a few minutes." She pouted a little longer, but then it was quiet. While I was pondering what she could be getting into now, I heard my dresser drawer shut in the next room. Then I heard Lily on the other side of the door again. Then I heard change hitting the floor. "Mummy? Mummy?" Lily was trying to shove coins under the bathroom door! All I could do was laugh. It was so funny and cute and sad, all at the same time.
It made me think of my sister, Nancy, who, in order to get a playmate, often bribed, "I'll pay ya!"

3 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

I wish I had enough money to pay you to come to the states! but I am afraid all I could do would be shove some coins under your bathroom door as well. What a doll that Lilly Bean is! Jenna is constantly in drawers and making huge messes as well, its hard to keep up! But its nice to have older ones to help you pick up baby messes and keep track of her. Miss you, I wish we could have play dates and I could take Lilly every now and then so you could have some peace and grown-up time. Someday, right?

Nancy Niederer said...

ps....cute background, you are really bloggin' now!

Nancy Niederer said...

ok, i feel like i am stalking you! i wanted to let you know i tagged you on my blog. check it out!